High-mileage runs tracing asphalt never felt so comfortable. These well-cushioned shoes provide neutral runners an ultra-plush, smooth ride. For this model, Nike® improved the support, added breathable mesh, and gave the outsoles a new tread pattern.
- Uppers are elastic and breathable open mesh. Reflective elements for visibility in the dark.
- Flywire bonded to the midfoot strap improves support and fit.
- Full Length CushIon EVA foam midsoles.
- Light and thin Nike Zoom cushioning units under heels and forefeet provide extra shock absorption.
- Asymmetrical arch bridge midfoot shank provides support.
- Duralon blown rubber inserts in the forefoot provides extra cushioning.
- Rubber waffle outsoles with abrasion resistant BRS1000 carbon in heel increases durability.
- Neutral platform.
|Ideal for||Road running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|24 - 12mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.