Nike Zoom Vomero+ 7 Road Running Shoes - Women's
The road may be hard, but your shoes don't have to be. For neutral runners, these well cushioned shoes deliver a ride as smooth and velvety as Barry White. For good support and fit, this version has flywire bonded to the midfoot strap, breathable sandwich mesh, and soft suede overlays.
- Uppers are elastic, breathable, open mesh panels.
- Reflective elements on toebox, tongue and heel for night-time visibility.
- Midsoles are full length Cushlon EVA for cushioning and support.
- Ultra-thin cushioning units under heel and forefoot for shock absorption and cushioning during heel strike and toe off.
- Articulated crash pads provide a smooth transition from heel strike to mid-stance.
- Midfoot shanks are asymmetrically arched to provide support.
- Outsoles are rubber waffle with abrasion resistant BRS1000 carbon rubber in the heel for durability. Duralon blown rubber inserts in the forefoot add cushioning for a smooth toe off.
- Neutral platform.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|24 - 12mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.