Northwave Evolution SBS Cycling Shoes - Men's
Full carbon outsoles and wood lasted insoles keep these shoes light and super-efficient. This design was derived using a bio-mechanical analysis to ensure your body and muscles remain in their most efficient positions. The design phase was followed by rigorous testing to optimize the fit, and to test the materials for both protection and breathability. The result is the ultimate road racing shoe.
- Uppers are soft, tear-resistant microfibre with airmesh inserts. Seams are positioned for optimal fit and comfort.
- Airflow system uses large side vents to provide a constant supply of fresh air, and lower channels to direct air toward the sole.
- Closure system has an upper buckle for micro-adjustments. Pressure on the instep can be incrementally released and controlled.
- Midsoles use the Northwave performance pro platform, which has support through the arch and forefoot and stiffness to transmit power to the pedals.
- Heel cup has a light, rigid profile for stability, and vents to channel fresh air.
- Wood lasting insole uses layers of bonded wood (treated with bonding agents to protect them from water and sweat). The design reduces vibration from the pedals, and doesn't conduct heat through from the sole. 2-part layers are flexible enough to adapt to the shape of your foot, but have a stiff core to transmit power to the pedals.
- Outsoles have 3 layers of full carbon to give them a thin, stiff sole that's all lightweight power.
The footwear body is constructed from this material.
|Synthetic leather + mesh|
|Closure||Hook-and-loop + ratchet buckle|
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.