On involved climbing routes or demanding ski tours, the Alpine Guides prove themselves breathable and abrasion resistant. Pull them on for scruffy mixed pitches and exposed traverses. The stretch-woven Power Shield fabric uses Hardface® Technology to dramatically improve the DWR finish’s resistance to wind, water, snow and abrasion, while remaining mobile. The cuffs are wide enough to fit over ski boots and mountaineering boots and the lower leg has tough scuff guards protect the fabric from your crampons.
- Made of breathable, wind-resistant, Polartec Power Shield® stretch woven nylon, polyester blend that's durable and comfortable. Hardface® Technology improves the Deluge® DWR (durable water repellent) resistance to precip and abrasion.
- Brushed interior for next-to-skin comfort.
- Internal waistband and belt.
- 2-way zippered fly for relief when wearing a harness.
- Two handwarmer pockets and thigh pocket have reverse coil zippers with a Deluge DWR finish.
- Articulated knees provide needed mobility.
- Boot-compatible lower leg with external scuff guard.
- Gusseted, zippered cuffs with 2 adjustment settings and tie-down loops.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|