With so much built-in versatility, this piece has triple the usefulness of other jackets. The waterproof-breathable shell stands alone when conditions are simply sloppy, but when the temperature takes a nosedive and the rain turns to snow or sleet, zip the insulated liner back in for toasty comfort.
- Shell is waterproof-breathable, made of a 2-layer polyester ripstop with durable 2.5-layer nylon contrast panels at yoke and sides. Both have an H2No® barrier, formidable protection that puts the brakes on wet and windy weather.
- Shell and liner have a Deluge® DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Seams are fully taped for full protection against sogginess.
- Shell is lined with polyester mesh to keep it light.
- Removable lining is polyester quilted to 150g Thermogreen® insulation, a highly compressible 100% polyester fill made with 90% recycled fibre.
- Collar is lined with brushed polyester jersey for softness on the jaw.
- Hood has a 3-panel construction with a slightly extended brim to shelter the face, and internal elastic to keep it in place.
- Front closure has a full-length zipper, plus an external storm flap with hook-and-loop closure and mini internal zipper cover.
- Mini-powder skirt keeps the snow out and attaches to Patagonia's Go-Snow Pants.
- 1 chest pocket with covered zippered to keep cash and lip balm safe.
- 2 handwarmer pockets with reflective webbing pulls to increase visibility.
- Internal drawcord with adjustment at bottom hem.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop closure at sleeve openings to seal out snow and cold.
- ID label inside.
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyester|
|Insulation||150g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.