Mountain weather can throw anything at you, and to reach the base of the route, you may have to bike the last 12k of the logging road. For mountain all-rounders the Piolet Jacket brings it. It offers versatile protection, good movement, and breathable 2-layer nylon with a waterproof-breathable membrane. The helmet-compatible, 2-way adjustable hood has a stiffened visor for optimal visibility, and the embedded cord locks in the hood and hem allow quick adjustment without opening the jacket to the elements.
- Made of 2-layer nylon waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX® fabric that repels moisture.
- Helmet-compatible hood with a laminated visor provides good visibility in poor conditions.
- Touch Point System™ with embedded cord locks in hood and hem for quick-and-easy adjustment.
- Gusseted underarm panels let you reach without raising the body of the jacket.
- Underarm zips feature supple, slim, watertight-coated zips.
- Chest pockets are compatible with a harness and pack. Single internal zippered pocket.
- Zippers are very water-resistant, but not waterproof, so we don't recommend storing items inside the pockets that could be damaged if they get wet.
- Pleated gasket cuffs provide a tight, low-profile wrist seal.
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Gusseted cuffs|