When you head out to the backcountry, you need a jacket that can adapt. The Rubicon uses breathable ripstop fabric to move moisture out when the up-track gets intense. Lightweight insulation keeps you warm when you’ve stopped to assess the situation, and waterproof-breathable reinforcement panels protect your shoulders, elbows, and backside from wetness seeping through. All in all, it's a balanced piece that smooths out the transition from a windy northside to a sunny south-facing bowl.
- Face fabric is made from 2-ply 75-denier 100% polyester ripstop with Durable Water Resistant (DWR) finish.
- Shoulder, elbow, and hem panels are made of 2-ply 170-denier 100% recycled polyester with DWR finish.
- Lining is 100% polyester.
- Insulation is compressible Thermogreen® (150g) polyester (90% is recycled).
- Contour-cut to increase complement movement, and quilted construction to reduce overall bulk.
- Removable helmet-compatible hood and powder skirt.
- High fleece-lined collar keeps your neck protected.
- Pit-zips off-load heat and articulated arms increase mobility.
- Pocket Summary: two handwarmers, one at the chest, one interior drop-in, one interior zippered, and one interior media pocket with cable routing.
- Adjustable cuffs and drawcord hem seal out the cold.
- Drawcord exits are in handwarmer pockets for easy adjustment
|Insulation||150g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Powder skirt|