This front derailleur is part of the Shimano® mid-range SLX series, a family of components engineered for off-roading riding.
- Dyna-Sys component for 42-32-24T down swing front derailleur
- Shimano direct mounting style.
- Compatible with 10-speed cassettes.
- Maximum capacity is 18T.
- Top-middle minimum capacity is 10T.
- Top gear teeth capacity is 42T.
- Dual pull cable routing
- Chain line is 50.0.
- Stay angle is 66 to 69 degrees.
Braze-on mounting uses fittings permanently mounted to the frame. Collar mounted derailleurs secure around the seat tube with a clamp. Direct mount are fastened to the chainstay.
Bottom-pull are operated by a cable running from below. Top-pull are operated by a cable running down from above. Dual-pull are equipped to be operated by either top or bottom.
A double is ideal for cranksets with two chainrings. A triple is designed for cranksets with two or three chainrings.
The maximum number of teeth difference between the smallest and largest chainrings (front derailleur) or cogs (rear derailleur).