These lightweight, low-profile shoes encourage a natural stride. The unique one-piece, concave shape of the outsole is designed by ultramarathoner Scott Jurek. When force is applied, the sole splays out to provide a balanced lay-down and a ground hugging feel.
- Uppers are breathable mesh and foam. An elastic wrap over the instep provides a comfortable fit for any foot shape.
- Midsole is BioMoGo® copolymer foam that offers substantial cushioning and rebound with a long lifespan. It's injected with a non-toxic additive that allows the foam to breakdown faster than EVA in anaerobic landfill conditions.
- Anatomically shaped heel and forefoot inserts are incorporated into the midsole in high impact zones to improve cushioning and rebound.
- Highly viscous fluid (looks like a gel) remains loose and flexible under low impact conditions, but provides a strong, supportive platform during foot strike.
- Toe Flex® technology has a split between the toes to enhance forefoot flexibility. It allows the big toe to engage for stability and a powerful push-off.
- Ideal Heel® (inverted heel) encourages contact points to shift forward to align joints and allow good energy return.
- Outsole is one-piece with a concave shape that splays out to provide a balanced lay-down. Grippy, sleek lug pattern and a wide base to protect your feet.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|15 - 11mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.