These low-profile trail runners are breathable, ground-hugging, and very flexible. Built for runners with a neutral stride, they offer great cushioning, stability, and underfoot protection.
- Light and breathable mesh uppers with Brooks® Nav Band elastic over the instep to keep foot in place.
- BioMoGo® co-polymer foam provides better cushioning, rebound, and durability than conventional EVA.
- A non-toxic additive allows the midsole foam to breakdown 50 times faster than conventional EVA in typical anaerobic landfills.
- A highly viscous fluid is incorporated into the midsole in high impact zones to improve cushioning and rebound. It remains flexible under low-impact conditions while providing a supportive platform under your foot for high-impact loads.
- Flexible thermoplastic EVA rock shields are slotted between the mid and outsoles.
- Toe Flex® technology has a split between the toes to enhance forefoot flexibility, and empowers the big toe to engage with your natural stability for a powerful push-off.
- Ideal Heel® (inverted heel) encourages contact points to shift forward which aligns joints and allows for an optimal energy return.
- 1-piece outsole with a concave shape developed in conjunction with Scott Jurek- world renowned ultra-marathoner.
- Grippy, sleek lug pattern and wide base to protect feet.
- Neutral platform.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|15 - 11mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.