These are the warmest ski gloves that Black Diamond makes. The Guide Gloves fend off seriously cold and ugly conditions with tough outer fabrics, and warm wool pile liners. Dexterous enough that you can fiddle with your bindings, zippers, and gear without having to take them off, but warm enough to take the edge off the coldest of days.
- Shells are abrasion-resistant woven nylon with four-way stretch for mobility.
- Removable wool liners have 142g PrimaLoft One insulation on the backs with fleece lining the palms.
- GORE-TEX XCR® waterproof-breathable membrane in the liners.
- Goat leather palms with additional leather palm patches.
- Moulded EVA foam padding on knuckles for protection and added warmth.
- Black Diamond gives these gloves a temperature range of -28 to 12°C.
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.