On cold days, rock the lobster. The split finger design reduces heat-shedding surface area while retaining some needed dexterity. The Guide Lobster's take the warmest glove from Black Diamond™ and mutate it into a 3-pod design for cold, harsh, yet still delicious conditions. These durable gloves have waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX XCR® layer to keep the snow out and an insulated liner to hold the heat in.
- Shell fabric is abrasion-resistant four-way stretch nylon.
- Goat leather palms and additional palm patches. Kevlar stitching adds abrasion resistance and grip.
- Shells are lined with fleece on the palms for light insulation when worn alone.
- Moulded EVA foam padding on knuckles for protection and added warmth.
- Removable liners are insulated with PrimaLoft® One and boiled wool.
- Waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX XCR layer in the removable liners for protection when worn alone.
- Black Diamond suggested temperature range is -28 to -12°C.
The type of material used on the palm of the glove. Grippy palms have a raised silicone or polyurethane pattern to improve grip and are most often seen on cycling and paddling handwear.