Salomon XT Wings 3 Trail Running Shoes - Women's
Lightness, stability, and agility in Salomon's premium trail runners. They have a seamless upper, excellent cushioning, and an aggressive sole to keep you on track through the skiddy parts.
- Seamless uppers are made of quick drying breathable mesh and textiles.
- Sensifit construction wraps foot with synthetic overlays to provide a precise, secure fit, and abrasion protection.
- Protective rubber toe caps.
- Midsoles are moulded EVA with Ortholite foam footbeds for cushioning and rebound.
- TPU stability plates project past the mid-foot to the lateral and medial side of the forefoot providing stability and improved energy transfer.
- Outsoles are non-marking Running Contagrip® compound, with rubberized heel and forefoot tendons for added rebound and improved energy transfer.
- Motion control (anti-pronation) platforms.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|22.5 - 12mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.