Open up longer day trips and overnighters to your kids and tweens. Here’s a real backpack that’s been reduced in size but not in features. A proper internal frame ensures effective weight transfer to the hips. The compression strap and back panel system squeezes bulky loads down to a manageable volume. Multiple adjustments let the Discovery grow with your child as they ditch their uncool parents and head off to summer camp.
- Top-loading design with a side-access zipper for getting at things without unloading it all.
- Zippered pocket on lid. Under-lid pocket with key clip.
- Spindrift collar with drawcord keeps out the weather and allows overloading.
- Webbing ladder-adjustable shoulder harness.
- Hydration system ready, with an internal sleeve, hanger, and hose ports on either side of the lid.
- Breathable, air mesh backing on hipbelt, back panel, and shoulder straps for comfort.
- Plastic back panel with metal frame stiffener provides support and effectively transfers weight to the hipbelt.
- Adjustable hook-and-loop hipbelt.
|Main fabric||420-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.