Pare back to the essentials and you're free to jet up long routes and cover real distance in a day. These are strippable packs that can be whittled down for alpine routes (weighs 510g when fully stripped down). The Alpinelite 18 folds up so small that it can stuffed inside its own lid, so you can carry it easily inside a larger pack.
- Back panel is lightly padded.
- Shoulder straps are unpadded to reduce weight and bulk.
- Waistbelt and sternum strap are removable.
- Lid has top zippered pocket and a bottom pocket with key fob.
- Pocket, hanger and hose port for hydration system.
- Glow-in-the-dark, glove-friendly zipper pulls.
- Drawcord closure on main compartment.
- Glove-friendly buckles.
- Dual ice axe or tool holders with durable pockets for ice tool points.
- Compact loops on sides let you lash gear or add accessory cords.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Main fabric||210-denier HT ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.