Pare back to the essentials and you're free to jet up long routes and cover real distance in a day. These are strippable packs that can be whittled down for alpine routes (weighs 470g when fully stripped down). The Alpinelite 24 has enough room for clothing layers, food, water, shoes and gear for alpine routes and ridge scrambling.
- Double layer bottom protects against wear and interior condensation when set down.
- Daisy chains for crampons.
- Floating lid, waistbelt and sternum strap are removable to save weight.
- Lid has top zippered pocket and a bottom pocket with key fob.
- Back panel is lightly padded and can be removed.
- Shoulder straps are unpadded to reduce weight and bulk.
- Pocket, hanger and hose port for hydration system.
- Glow-in-the-dark, glove-friendly zipper pulls.
- Drawcord closure on main compartment.
- Glove-friendly buckles.
- Dual ice axe/tool holders with durable pockets for ice tool points.
- Includes crampon attachments that allow you to lash your crampons the webbing ladder.
- Compact loops on sides let you lash gear or add accessory cords.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
|Main fabric||210-denier HT ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.
|Ventilated back panel||No|
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.