These versatile runners weave the rugged durability of a trail shoe into the comfort and flex of a road shoe—ideal for guys who run along a road to get to the promised land of the trail. Once you're off road, the water-repellent construction stops rain-soaked underbrush from getting your socks soggy and messing with your Zen, and the aggressive outsoles sinks their teeth into challenging terrain.
- Uppers feature a tightly woven, DWR-treated, H2O Repel mesh for durability, breathability, and comfort in damp conditions.
- Synthetic midfoot overlays are soft but strong for durability and support, with additional overlays in the forefoot to provide stability.
- Fitsole sockliner moulds to the shape of your foot for improved underfoot support and comfort.
- Gilly lacing makes the fit snug and supportive, and lets you lace up quickly.
- Midsoles have a Lunarlon EVA cushioning system: a resilient foam core encased in a supportive foam carrier. Plush cushioning with solid support and a springy, energetic response.
- Dynamic support platform provides stability without adding weight or stiffness.
- Integrated stone-shield protects against the loose rocks and debris you encounter off road.
- Midsole and outsole are have natural motion flex grooves along the length and width, to allow a smooth, efficient stride.
- Rugged waffle outsoles are sticky rubber, a good environmental choice that provides traction and durability.
- High-wearing heel area is BRS 1000 carbon rubber for maximum abrasion resistance.
- Angled edges and roomy spacing between outsole lugs to improve the grip and shed mud.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|24 - 12mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.