Looking for the benefits of barefoot running, but not ready to hit the trail totally undefended? These shoes deliver a low, stable ride and a feel for the ground under your feet. They are nicely balanced with a degree of cushioning and protection that’s just beyond minimal.
- Uppers are breathable synthetic mesh with synthetic overlays to help secure the foot naturally in place.
- Midsoles are light, low-profile Acteva foam with polyolefin elastomer for the feel of barefoot training with a degree of cushioning and protection.
- Acteva foam is 12% lighter than standard EVA and has better compression resistance for durable cushioning.
- Antimicrobial treatment to reduce odour.
- Outsoles are low-profile, Vibram® for trail-worthy grip without weight and bulk.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|10 - 6mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.