Looking for the benefits of barefoot running, but not ready to hit the trail totally undefended? These shoes deliver a low, stable ride and a feel for the ground under your feet. They are nicely balanced with a degree of cushioning and protection that’s just beyond minimal.
- Uppers are breathable synthetic mesh with synthetic overlays to help secure the foot naturally in place.
- Midsoles are light, low-profile Acteva foam with polyolefin elastomer for the minimalist feel of barefoot training with a degree of cushioning and protection.
- Acteva foam is 12% lighter than standard EVA and has better compression resistance for durable cushioning.
- Antimicrobial treatment to reduce odour.
- Outsoles are low-profile, Vibram® for trail-worthy grip without weight and bulk.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|10 - 6mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.