Adult-level features and performance in a helmet sized for smaller skiers and boarders.
- In-mould construction features an EPS foam liner bonded to a polycarbonate shell for lightness, comfort and durability.
- Fit system allows fine-tuned sizing.
- Passive channel venting directs airflow between head and helmet.
- Full-wrap liner is removable and washable.
- Side goggle retention clips prevent loss or filling with snow.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).