Block out showers and downpours at "summer" camp or on the way to school. The fit and waterproof-breathable fabric ensure comfort through hours out in wet or windy conditions. The cut is designed for boys and works with warm layers or light jackets underneath.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant nylon with a breathable coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Reflective detail on back of hood and back of lower arms for night visibility.
- Zippered hand pockets for thawing fingers.
- Storm flap over zipper keeps weather out.
- Hook-and-loop adjustable cuffs seal out the cold and damp.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyurethane|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.