MEC Watershed Pants - Youths
Go big. Stay out. Keep riding. The taped seams on these pants let you sit and watch the action. The articulated cut let you move freely when you're up. Smart features like gaiters in the cuffs and zippered pockets keep it all together if you happen to spill. Built-in Recco reflector is detectable at Recco-equipped ski hills.
- Made of coated 2-layer nylon that’s DWR treated and lined with polyester. Taped seams prevent seepage during extended snow contact.
- Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Ski pass loop sewn into belt loop.
- Elastic waistband belt has a Velcro® adjustment system, snap closure, zip fly.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees increase your potential range.
- Reinforced knees.
- Front and back pockets are securable so your stuff won't end up "somewhere up there".
- Hidden cuff zippers and internal gaiters to keep snow out.
- Fabric can be washed and dried, no bleach, fabric softeners, or dry cleaning.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Microporous PU coating|
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyurethane|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.