Be prepared for cold, windy weather. Add this compressible, piece of insulation in your kid's pack on ski days or snowy outings. The supple outer shell is treated for wind and weather protection. The down insulation is compact enough to allow the vest to be worn under another shell when it's snowing heavily.
- Shell is DWR-treated recycled polyester, tightly woven so the down won't escape.
- Insulation is 575-fill power duck down, with sewn-through construction to prevent shifting.
- Stormflap covers the zipper and a microfleece chin guard prevents chafing.
- 2 zippered pockets are lined with soft, warm polyester.
- Long cut insulates most of the body core.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Insulation||575 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.