Designed for day touring or terrain accessed through mechanized means, The Float 22 has a single chamber, 150L airbag system. It’s 25% lighter than previous versions and surprisingly affordable, so you can make an airbag pack a regular component of your setup. The pack provides enough volume for rescue tools, lunch, skins and an extra layer but that's about it.
- Airbags are designed to reduce or eliminate burial depth and protect your head, neck and upper body from trauma should you be caught in an avalanche.
- Single chamber airbag has a super-efficient venturi system designed to keep cost and waste down.
- Airbag, cylinder, and compressed air equipment are now interchangeable among 2012/2013 Float Packs.
- Refillable air cartridge not included.
- Empty cartridges can be filled at BCA authorized depots.
- External shovel/probe pocket, helmet and diagonal ski carrying system.
- Waist belt pocket.
- Optional snowboard carry attachment available separately.
|Main fabric||330-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||840-denier ballistic nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Torso length is measured from the most prominent vertebrae at the back of your neck (top of shoulders) to the spot on your lower spine that lines up with the top of your hipbone.
|43 - 56cm|
|Ventilated back panel||No|
Adjustable shoulder harness
An adjustable harness lets you change the height of the shoulder straps to fit your specific back length.
The hipbelt and/or shoulder straps of the pack are designed to move, pivot or flex to follow your body’s movements. Each brand uses their own technology.