Minimalist trail runners with a neutral platform and feisty protection against rocks, roots, and rubble. Light in weight but mighty in performance, they'll gently coax your running technique towards a more balanced and powerful form.
- Uppers have a Flex Film: a thin, flexible film welded onto the upper to lock the foot in place, resulting in a better fit with no stitching, extra bulk, or layers to rub or irritate.
- Collar is lined with HydraMAX to keep the air flowing freely.
- Wrapped medial toe provides protection against trail debris.
- Insoles are EVA.
- Midsole is EVA+ (High Abrasion EVA), built with Heel ProGrid cushioning technology to absorb impact. External Bedrock Outsole (EBO) includes a rock plate to protect the foot from sharp objects.
- Outsoles are grippy rubber with triangular lugs facing opposite directions, for sure-footed traction both up and downhill.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|11.5 - 7.5mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.