Trail running shoes with legendary FiveFingers lineage. Spyridons offer exhilarating barefoot freedom with considerable underfoot protection. The low-profile outsoles have lugs designed for the rigours of rough and rooty trails.
- Uppers are made of polyamide and synthetic stretch mesh.
- hook-and-loop closures make them easy to slip into and adjust the fit.
- Padded collar provides comfortable support around the ankle.
- Aegis-trreated microfibre footbed.
- Midsoles are a 3mm Dri-lex-covered polyurethane, combining minimalist cushioning with good flexibility. Moulded nylon mesh offers additional protection to mid- and forefoot by widely distributing any impact from stones or debris.
- Outsoles are Vibram® XSTrek 3.5mm performance rubber, with aggressive, full-coverage traction plus propulsion and braking lugs for precise stopping and starting.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|3 - 3mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.