Multi-tasking melon protection that's as effective at the skatepark as it is on the mountain. Discreet styling combines all-season performance with multi-sport safety ratings, to give it the thumbs-up for skiing, snowboarding, cycling, and skating.
- Bombshell construction puts a tough ABS shell with an EPS liner.
- AirEvac ventilation prevents steaming up by letting warm air escape from the top of ski goggles and through the helmet's 14 vents for cooling.
- Convertible pad kit adapts to all seasons and accommodates necessary layers.
- Bombshell form-fitting ear pads are easily removed, washable, and lightweight.
- Removable goggle lock keeps your goggle strap in place on the helmet.
- Compatible with Skullcandy Audio Systems.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
|Snowsports + cycling|
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).