MEC Frostbreaker Parka - Men's
This essential parka helps you combat the wet, dark days of winter. When you're venturing out to celebrate the winter solstice or just keeping warm at the bus stop, reach for this insulated winter coat. An insulated hood and a high collar with a soft fleece lining keep out cold gusts and blowing snow. The knit cuffs slide over your gloves to provide a fortress of warmth.
- Made of nylon with a microporous waterproof-breathable laminate. Lined with polyester that glides over layers.
- Insulation is Eco polyester that's 100% recycled.
- Front zipper flap and chin guard eliminates drafts.
- Zip-off hood is fully insulated and shockcord-adjustable. Secures in front with snaps.
- Soft fleece-lined collar.
- 2 patch pockets plus 2 zippered pockets outside. 2 large inner drop-in pockets, and a secured zippered pocket inside.
- 2-snap adjustable cuffs. Inner ribbed cuffs stop the cold from creeping in.
- Drawcord at hem helps seal out cold.
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.