MEC Frostbreaker Parka - Women's
Reach for your reliable winter coat on the cold mornings. The Frostbreaker has a deep hood and a high collar that wraps your neck in warmth. Deep pockets give you a place to stash your gloves, and the inner cuffs on the sleeves provide uninterrupted coverage that fits over your gloves. The mid-thigh length is slightly longer in the back so you're covered when you sit down and a 2-way zip provides some ease.
- Made of nylon with a microporous waterproof-breathable laminate. Lined with polyester that glides over layers.
- Insulation is Eco polyester that's 100% recycled.
- Zip-off hood is fully insulated and shockcord-adjustable.
- Front zipper flap has snaps to eliminate drafts.
- Full 2-way zipper eases the fit when you're sitting down.
- 2 button-down pockets plus 2 zippered pockets outside. 2 large inner drop-in pockets, and a secured zippered pocket inside.
- 2-button adjustable cuffs. Inner ribbed cuffs stop the cold from creeping in.
- Drawcords at waist and hem help seal out cold.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Casual winter wear|
|Technology||Microporous PU laminate|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.