A waterproof-breathable outer layer, designed to meet your backcountry needs and appeal to your frontside esthetic. Set at an exceptional price point, the jacket has the technical features you expect from backcountry shells, fully taped seams, helmet compatible hood, and a powder skirt all in a less fitted, more fluid cut that looks at home off the hill. Colours, cut and attachment system are designed to coordinate with MEC Bricole and Backbeyond Pants.
- Body fabric is nylon 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable laminate, with a non-porous hydrophilic film, and a DWR finish.
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping through.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Polyester fleece chin guard protects your skin from abrasion.
- Adjustable hood accommodates a helmet.
- 2 handwarmer pockets, a zippered chest pocket, and a snap chest pocket provide plenty of secure storage. Interior zippered chest pocket has a media port.
- Underarm zips for self-regulated cooling.
- Velcro and snap-closure cuffs block out the cold.
- Faux leather zipper pulls and decorative top stitching.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure seals out the cold, and hem shock cord keep snow from spraying up your back.
- Looped snaps attach the jacket to the MEC Bricole Pants or MEC Backbeyond Pants.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyurethane|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|