MEC Uplink Vest - Women's
Sandbagged by a sudden weather change? Layer on this vest for some welcome core warmth. The close cut is enhanced by elasticized quilt lines to eliminate air spaces and allow dynamic motion. The treated shell and synthetic insulation cope well with mildly damp conditions. Great as a skiing layer or a piece to carry in your climbing pack.
- Shell is ripstop polyester with a DWR treatment.
- Lined with non-snag polyester.
- Insulated with quilted PrimaLoft One, locked in place with elastic sewn-through stitching.
- Fleece lined chin guard and high collar.
- Heat trapping elastic around armholes.
- Handwarmer pockets.
- Inner chest pocket with bar tacked loop doubles as stuff sack.
- Can be washed in a front-load washer on the delicate cycle. Do not use fabric softeners or bleach.
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.