MEC Backbeyond Pants - Women's
For experience-hungry skiers whose bread and butter is lift-accessed terrain but who venture out for some untracked snacking. Not as fully pared-back as alpine-style pants, these have a more modern flowy shape and a nod to resort skier style. They have all the technical features you expect from backcountry shells, but the casual cut might take up a little more room if you stuff them in a pack.
- Fabric is 3-layer GORE-TEX® that's supple, lightweight and provides waterproof-breathable protection. Nylon inner lining.
- Cut to slide over inner warm layers, the fit is not super technical like alpine shell pants, but provides room to twist and move freely.
- Zippered back pockets secure little items. Front pockets and cargo pockets add storage options.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Inner zippered vents extend the full-length of the thighs and allow heat to escape.
- Schoeller® kick patches at the ankle add durability and stand up to scuffing.
- Zippers at the ankle with internal snow gaiters hug your boots and keep out snow.
- Loops attach the pants to the MEC Bricole Jacket or MEC Backbeyond Jacket.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Face fabric||Nylon + PTFE|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Short inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'short'.
- Long inseam
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone. Not all styles available in 'long'.