Tailored to work in the middle of a classic 3-layer system. Slide this on over a base and under a shell for mountain trips or casual hiking days. As a mid-layer, it insulates the body from external cold and moves moisture outward. A versatile option that spans seasons and transitions easily from days off to days that are fully on.
- Made of Polartec Thermal Pro 200 fleece, (with 85% recycled content) brushed one side, with a grid texture on the inside.
- Hand pockets have mesh pocket bags that allow venting.
- Microfleece chin guard.
- Thumbholes in cuffs to cover the backs of your hands.
- Flattering panelled construction and a curved hem for streamlined layering.
- Center back length is 66cm.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.