MEC Galena Vest - Women's
MEC Galena Vest - Women's
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Tailored to work in the middle of a classic 3-layer system. Slide this on over a base and under a shell for mountain trips or casual hiking days. As a mid-layer, it insulates the body from external cold and moves moisture outward. A versatile option that spans seasons and transitions easily from days off to days that are fully on.
- Center back length is 65cm. Made of Polartec Thermal Pro 200 fleece, (with 85% recycled content) brushed one side, with a grid texture on the inside.
- Hand pockets have mesh pocket bags that allow venting.
- Microfleece chin guard.
- Flattering panelled construction and a curved hem for streamlined layering.
- Drawcord hem.
- Center back length is 65cm.
The day you purchased your $5 MEC membership, you became part of a community that’s now four million members strong. You also became a shareholder in this Co-op. Your vote is both a right and a responsibility, and electing representatives you trust to provide informed oversight, passionate stewardship, and sound decision-making is an essential part of securing a vibrant future for MEC.
What you’re voting on
You choose the individuals you’d like to oversee your Co-op on the Board of Directors. Board members are the elected stewards of MEC, and serve three-year terms with the option to run again for a second term. Each year, members elect three candidates to sit on the Board.
Members also have the opportunity to vote on certain resolutions. Resolutions can provide direction to the Board, change our Rules of Co-operation, and affect the way we do business.
As a retail co-op, MEC is owned by its members and is governed by a nine-member Board of Directors elected by the membership. Our goal is strong and balanced leadership, and our nominations process helps us get there.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The nominations period for the 2017 election is now closed.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for people to run for our Board who possess the skills, experience and values needed for MEC to continue to grow and succeed in an increasingly competitive and complex retail environment. Three directors are elected annually and serve for a three-year term, with the option of running for a second term.
MEC’s Nominations Committee assesses all nominees to ensure they meet the minimum eligibility criteria. The Board must recommend between 4 and 9 of the candidates based on the extent to which they meet MEC’s current needs.
Need more information?
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Petite arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Petite size garments are also proportionally shorter overall. Not all styles are available in 'petite'.