A waterproof-breathable outer layer, designed to meet your backcountry needs and appeal to your frontside esthetic. Set at an exceptional price point, this 2.5 layer jacket has the technical features you expect from backcountry shells – fully taped seams, helmet compatible hood, powder skirt, avalanche technology – and a less fitted, more fluid cut that looks at home off the hill. Colours, cut and attachment system are designed to coordinate with MEC Bricole and Backbeyond Pants.
- Body fabric is nylon 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable laminate, with a non-porous hydrophilic film, and a DWR finish.
- Fully taped seams prevent moisture from seeping through.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Polyester fleece chin guard protects your skin from abrasion.
- Adjustable hood accommodates a helmet.
- 2 handwarmer pockets, a zippered chest pocket, and a snap chest pocket provide plenty of secure storage. Interior zippered chest pocket has a media port.
- Underarm zips for self-regulated cooling.
- Velcro and snap-closure cuffs block out the cold.
- Faux leather zipper pulls and decorative top stitching.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure seal out the cold, and hem shock cord keeps snow from spraying up your back.
- Looped snaps attach this jacket to the MEC Bricole Pants or MEC Backbeyond Pants.
The space we are taking over provides great potential to bring the MEC brand to life inside and out.
The design will be in-keeping with the new architectural embodiment of the MEC brand, with extensive use of wood on both the inside and outside of the building. Green building features will include a high-performance building envelope and heating, cooling and ventilation (HVAC) system.
All MEC facilities are subject to our internal green building program, which establishes minimum performance standards. MEC Laval will be no different.
Two of the most important aspects of green buildings are the building envelope and the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (or HVAC) system. The Laval store will provide R40 and R60 thermal performance in the walls and roof, respectively, and feature a best-in-class roof top HVAC system.
Energy efficient lighting will also be used throughout the store. Plus, Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) will be purchased for all energy consumed by MEC Laval.
MEC aims to maximize efficiency and minimize environmental impacts in our stores. Learn more about our green buildings.
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyurethane|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.