A windproof, waterproof barrier designed for skiers and climbers. The Synergy Jacket has harness-accessible pockets and a high collar to keeps out blowing snow and spindrift. The hood cinches over a helmet and is fully adjustable so your vision isn't obscured when looking up or to the sides.
- Made of lightweight, supple GORE-TEX Pro with a bonded PTFE laminate and DWR treatment
- Fully seam-taped construction to keep you dry and comfortable in howling conditions.
- Helmet-compatible hood has a 3-way interior adjustment for a snag-free profile.
- High collar is separate from hood. Lined with polyester fleece.
- Underarm vents have 2-way watertight zippers, for releasing heat and perspiration.
- Glued pocket flaps and plackets for a clean profile.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Cuffs are gusseted to fit gloves and secure with Velcro® tabs.
- 4 pockets with watertight zippers and zipper garages, 1 interior zippered pocket.
- Shock-cord adjustable hem.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Nylon + PTFE|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.