The Hotspot is designed for weather and conditions you'd expect to find in the backcountry, with a silhouette more accustomed to the frontside. Insulated with down for exceptional warmth, this water-resistant jacket has great mobility, even with a base layer. Compressibility makes it easy to travel light. Fully taped 2.5-layer construction in the hood and shoulders steps up to protect against light rain or unexpected snow, and an adjustable hood keeps your vision unobstructed.
- Body fabric is nylon, with a durable water repellent (DWR) laminate for a water resistant finish. Untaped seams through the body are best suited to drier conditions.
- Hood and shoulders use a 2.5 layer polyurethane (PU) waterproof breathable laminate and non-porous hydrophilic DWR film.
- Body and sleeves are insulated with 700-fill duck down for exceptional warmth through your core.
- Stormflap, cuffs, flaps, and hood edge are insulated with eco polyester for creature comforts where it really counts.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets provide secure storage. Zippers are not waterproof so we don't recommend storing items that could be damaged if wet.
- Interior zippered chest pocket has a key loop and media port.
- Buttoned stormflap prevents the cold from seeping through your zipper.
- Zip pits for self-regulated cooling.
- Velcro cuffs with decorative snaps and faux leather zipper pulls set your jacket out on the hill.
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure seal out the cold and a hem shock cord keeps snow from spraying up your back.
- Looped snaps attach the jacket to corresponding loops in the MEC Bricole Pants and MEC Backbeyond Pants.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Care instructions: Wash in cold, on delicate. Dry on low with tennis balls. No fabric softeners, bleach, irons or dry cleaning.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyurethane|
|Insulation||700 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Weather-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.