Waterproof-breathable pants, designed to meet your backcountry needs and appeal to your frontside esthetic. Set at an exceptional price point, these 2.5 layer pants have the technical features you expect from backcountry shells – internal gaiters, kick patches, thigh venting, avalanche technology – and a less fitted, more casual cut that layers well over fleece or long underwear.
- Body fabric is nylon, with a 2.5 layer polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate and non-porous hydrophilic DWR film.
- Lining is made of recycled polyester.
- Thigh vents shed excess heat.
- Zip fly with snap and belt loops.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets, 2 zippered thigh cargo pockets with flaps and snaps, 2 zipper back pockets with flaps and snaps too.
- Ankle zips ease them on over boots.
- Kick patches are made of heavy duty Schoeller® fabric.
- Internal gaiters have gripper elastic, snaps, Velcro and a boot hook.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Loops attach the jacket to the MEC Bricole Jacket or MEC Backbeyond Jacket.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Nylon + polyurethane|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.