All-mountain hard shell pants with waterproof-breathable versatility for experience-hungry skiers and climbers. Breathable Gore-Tex Pro® technology makes these the choice for backcountry days that might serve up sleet delivered on a bed of Arctic wind. A minimalist design keeps the weight down so you can move fast and perhaps outpace the worst of the weather.
- Made of supple GORE-TEX® Pro fabric that offers excellent breathability and withstands full-on weather and rough terrain.
- Articulated knees for a full range of motion.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Cut high in the waist to overlap with jackets and provide good coverage.
- Two-way front fly zipper.
- Coated, waterproof zippers on front pockets.
- Integral webbing waistband has a buckle closure.
- Waterproof side zippers are ¾-length, for good venting options and easy access over boots.
- Schoeller, nylon Kevlar cuff guards on openings at inside leg.
- Adjustable hems have side grommets to add tie-down options.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Face fabric||Nylon + PTFE|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||¾-length waterproof leg zips|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.