Walk into restaurants and bars without getting the raised eyebrow. This urban commuter jacket ensures you arrive without getting overheated or soaked through. The reflective tape and tabs on the cuffs can be neatly covered and stashed when not needed and allow you to blend in with urban settings, yet remain visible on the bike routes.
- 2.5-layer waterproof-breathable fabric has a polyurethane laminate inside and an outer DWR treatment that sloughs off water and grime.
- Adjustable hood has a brim and flannel-lined collar.
- Flannel-lined front pockets close firmly with snaps.
- Zippered chest pocket can be operated with one hand while riding.
- 2-way full-length zipper has a protective flap and snap closures.
- Faux leather trim and zipper pulls.
- Adjust the cuffs to display or hide reflective tabs.
- Underarm grommets and a back vent dispel moisture when you're hurrying home.
- One back pocket has double-sided reflective tape that can be pulled out to hang across your back, and tucked inside the pocket when off the bike.
- Back length from base of hood to hem is 30.75in. for medium size.
- Wash without fabric softeners or bleach. Tumble dry low, steam iron at medium temperature. Do not dry clean.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Monolithic PU laminate|
|Face fabric||115-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.