Ready to be plugged into your MP3 or iPod®, this freestyle helmet comes wired with a sweet sound system.
- Half shell construction bonds a polycarbonate upper shell to an EPS liner.
- Ventilation channels reduce overheating and fogging.
- Audio system features ear pads, coiled cord, and on-cord controls.
- Padding removes for washing or to let you wear a beanie.
- Removable ear pads with faux fur design.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable suspension system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
|Removable ear liners||Yes|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).