Stay connected with satellite technology in locations without cell phone coverage. This device is a breakthrough in backcountry communication, it lets you send and receive text messages from anywhere on the planet with your iPhone®, iPad®, iTouch or Android device.
- World coverage SOS feature gives you a confirmation message from rescue centre to let you know your SOS has been received.
- Free DeLorme Earthmate application available through iTunes and Android Marketplace. Allows you to download maps and nautical charts and enable inReach and iOS communication features such as native GPS to display location.
- Tracking feature allows your friends and community to see your progress.
- Requires a separate satellite plan to activate.
- Canadian plans are available with monthly plans as well as hibernation options that allows you to pay a minimal fee through the months when you are not using the device.
|Ideal for||Emergency preparedness|
|Satellite network used||Iridium|
|Operating temperature||-20 to 70°C|
Message character limit
Character limit for sent messages.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Battery life (operating)
AA ratings using lithium batteries.
|Dimensions||7.2 x 4.4 x 12cm|
|Storage temperature||-45 to 75°C|
Allows you to send a 'check-in' message to let people know you are safe.
Ability to test
Allows you to test the unit.
Lets you know that your message was received.
|Batteries||2 AA (included)|
GPS data sent in SOS
GPS coordinates are sent in each SOS message.