The best thing to have happened to your head since hair. 11 vents keep your head cool, even in the zaniest of traffic. The magnetic buckle keeps your chin from being a victim to daily pinching, and an adjustable spin dial and 3 sets of removable foam gives you the perfect fit.
- Shell made of high-density ABS, with an expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner absorbs energy in a crash.
- 11 vents increase cooling and ventilation, and rust-proof rivets prolong the helmet’s life.
- Revolutionary magnetic buckle for easy, one-handed operation.
- Reflective logos on the front, back and sides keep you visible on your commutes to and from work.
- Soft-fabric chin strap decreases irritation.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Fit system||Adjustable dial + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).