Lightweight and low-profile, these road shoes provide a balance of freedom and protection. The minimalist cushioning is mapped to your foot strike so you get dependable, predictable traction when running on asphalt and pavement.
- Uppers are synthetic and mesh with protective toe caps.
- Bellows tongues keep debris out.
- Reflective details increase visibility in low light.
- Linings are treated with Aegis antimicrobial odour control.
- Midsoles are 4mm-thick EVA to provide protection while giving you a feel for the ground.
- Outsoles are made of Vibram® Pods rubber.
- 9.5mm total stack height for midsole plus outsole. Drop from heel to ball of foot is 0mm, to give you a true barefoot feel.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|4 - 4mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.