Uniform cushioning and flexible soles allows natural movement that stimulates, aligns and strengthens your feet. These are the most minimal shoe that Merrell sells, and they provide a super-free feeling barefoot experience.
- Uppers are breathable synthetic mesh that flexes without restriction.
- External contoured heel sling provides support.
- Reflective details for pop under the streetlights.
- Integrated microfibre footbeds covers are treated with Aegis® antimicrobial solution.
- Midsoles have 2mm uniform cushioning and a total 5.5mm stack height.
- Outsoles are Vibram® Vapour Glove rubber for flexible grip.
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
|2 - 2mm|
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.