This bike is fully equipped, tuned, and honed for cross-country riding. If you’re looking to transition from a hardtail to a full-suspension bike, the AMR 5900 will offer a nice combo of speed and confidence. The suspension system has a forgiving 120mm of travel and a responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever that allows fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- Reinforced, lightweight aluminum frame with hydroformed tubing and specific chainstay length.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Shimano® M596 disc brakes.
- Fox suspension offers 120mm (4.7in.) of travel.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Shimano SLX SL, XT, and Deore 596 components.
- Reverse hanger tech (hanger mounted inside the chain stay) offers more direct shifting and less bending stress during shifting.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to effect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25in. tires.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost AMR DB SCL aluminum|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air Evolution CTD|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD SV|
|Stem||Ghost light ASA-106 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL SP 717|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M596 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 596|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 42-32-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 26 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta|