Ghost® packed the agile carbon fibre frame of the Lector 2977 with technical features like a tapered head tube, specific chainstay length, and a press-fit bottom bracket to deliver an unstoppable combination of handling and comfort. Top-notch Shimano® components deliver a ride that lets you focus on your flow rather than your drivetrain, and the Fox suspension fork offers up to 100mm of travel with the click of a remote. The CTD 3-position quick adjustment lever allows for on-the-go adjustment, whether you're climbing, on the trail, or descending.
- Specific chainstay length (chainstay lengths are relative to each frame size) keeps the centre of balance tuned for each frame and makes sure the feel is right for any given size.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Remote-controlled suspension fork lets you adjust your suspension on the fly.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes provide exceptional stopping power.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- Large 29in. wheels maintain momentum for crazy descents and technical climbs.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Frame||Ghost HTX 29 HM MIMS AFT SCL carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Air CTD Remote|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL SP 717|
|Handlebars||Ghost Flat light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 42-32-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano XT|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Rims||Alex XD Sport|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta|