This bike brings the big rolling 29in. wheels to a full-suspension cross-country racing machine. The lightweight aluminum frame is happily married to a Shimano® component set. The fork has Rock Shox PopLoc system – a remote control that mounts on the handle bar and lets you adjust the fork on the fly. PopLoc also allows compression adjustment to tune the openess of the shock. You'll find the smooth ratio suspension operates with noticeable sensitivity. The rocker activates the shock with a transmission ratio of 2:1 (the suspension element moves by 1cm for 2cm of chainstay travel), as the operating forces are low, the system is also durable and easy to tune.
- Reinforced, lightweight aluminum frame with hydroformed tubing and specific chainstay length.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Shimano® M596 disc brakes.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replace commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Shimano SLX, XT, and Deore XT components.
- Rear shock has a responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever for fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
Geometry influences comfort, efficiency, and how the bike handles, particularly its steering.
|Full suspension mountain|
|Frame||Ghost AMR 29 DB SCL aluminum|
|Fork||RockShox Reba RL PopLoc|
|Rear shock||Fox Float CTD|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-029 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost SL SP 717|
|Handlebars||Ghost Flat light 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M596 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 596|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano SLX|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano XT|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 552 42-32-24T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Pressfit|
|Hub (front)||Shimano SLX|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T|
|Tires||Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29 x 2.25|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Seta|