The Ghost AMR Lector 2978 is an XT spec'd, Fox suspension wearing, 29-inch wheeled cross-country beast. The carbon frame with an aluminum rear triangle frame is lightweight but brawny. Shimano XT components are there to give you fast crisp shifts and keep the velocity in check. The Fox shocks front fork has a remote that allows suspension adjustment on the fly and the rear shock features Fox's Boost Valve technology provides give or firmness as needed. The suspension system has a forgiving 110mm of travel and a responsive Climb/Trail/Descend (CTD) 3-position adjustment lever that allows fast adjustment to changing terrain.
- Specific chainstay length (chainstay lengths are relative to each frame size) keeps the centre of balance tuned for each frame and makes sure the feel is right for any given size.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Needle bearing system in the rear shock eye replaces commonly used bushings for minimum break-away torque (less force applied to activate the shock). Allows great small-bump responsiveness.
- Back end suspension has a transmission ratio of 2:1, and is tuned for sensitivity with controlled damping and good overall durability.
- Reverse hanger tech (hanger mounted inside the chainstay) offers more direct shifting and less bending stress during shifting.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Shimano Pressfit BB system. Designed to increase stiffness and support and to reduce needed maintenance.
- This model is not equipped with pedals.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.