A classic trekking bike that brings a European flair to Canadian roads and bike lanes. The Shimano components provide smooth shifts and precise velocity control. A 27-speed drivetrain make the hills easier to deal with, and makes the run down the other side a pretty fun ride too. The TR 1800 come with a rear rack that's set-up to accept large touring panniers, a chain guard, front and rear fenders, and (this part is cool) Shimano Dynamo hubs that power both front and rear lights. These aren't like old-time wheel mounted dynamos that added considerable drag. As long as your wheels are spinning, these hubs will power your lights and you won't notice a difference in the energy you're putting in.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Shimano® Acera SL and Alivio components are excellent mid-range options.
- Shimano dynamo hubs with front and rear lights included.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail.
|Frame||Ghost Trekking 7005 PG aluminum|
|Stem||Ghost light AS-822 25.4mm|
|Seatpost||Ghost light SP DC|
|Handlebars||Ghost Low Rizer light 25.4mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M422 (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Acera SL|
|Shifters||Shimano Acera SL|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Alivio|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FCM 391 48-36-26T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Octalink|
|Hub (front)||Shimano DH3N30|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Acera 9-speed 11-32T|
|Rims||Alex ACE 18|
|Tires||Schwalbe Road Cruiser 700 x 42|
|Saddle||Selle Royal Freccia|